The following are questions to ask once you’ve contacted a marketing agency:
- Do you specialize in dental marketing, and how many dental practices do you have as clients? A good marketing agency for your dental practice has a full understanding of the inner workings of your business, and has a strong track record for driving results with similar practices. Steer clear of general marketing agencies that may not understand the nuances of internal marketing to current patients and marketing for higher treatment acceptance rates. The best marketing agencies have consulted hundreds of practices yet provide custom strategies for each.
- How will you determine what marketing tactics are best for my dental practice? Every agency completes some level of market research to determine which tactics will work best for your particular practice. The best dental marketing agencies offer an integrated approach, or several marketing tactics working together at once, to reach the practice’s goals.
- How are marketing goals measured? Expect for any agency to report results to the practice in writing on a monthly basis, at least. Some agencies will even provide a real-time dashboard that you can access anytime to gauge progress.
- How long will it take to see results? Any marketing firm can get your ads placed on Google today. The best will get you new patients in just the first few weeks of engagement.
- How long will it take to reach my goals? In a recent meeting among the top five dental marketers in the nation, it was agreed that it takes three months of steady, strategic marketing to consistently reach new patient and production goals.
- How much does it cost? A better way to ask this is, “How much should I invest in marketing to reach my goals and realize a healthy return?” Every marketing firm can provide a written description of deliverables and associated fees.
- Can you provide references? It would be good to see samples of work they have done for other practices. It would be even better if they let you call a client or two for a reference.
- If I’m not satisfied with the results, what are my options? Not all agencies offer a cancelation policy. Get clear about how to get out of the contract before signing. At the same time, don’t put your focus on “what if it doesn’t work?” Marketing is a bit like magic; it works best when you believe.