Social media marketing is becoming increasingly important within the dental industry. Millennials and the Gen-X group are looking to social media to connect with others, seek advice and research information. When looking for a local dentist, many are looking to platforms such as LinkedIn, Instagram and Facebook. Many dentists are unaware or unsure of how to maneuver social media sites or do not have the time or interest to put in the effort needed to see results. Below, we have outlined five ways to promote your practice on social media that are easy, quick and require minimal effort.
- Take photos of your practice. When your potential new patients are looking for a dental practice, they will want to familiarize themselves with the team and the aesthetics of the office before making an appointment. Did you get some new furniture? Post it. Hire a new receptionist? Tell the world. Make sure photos of the practice show it in its true light; fast paced and full of bright, healthy smiles.
- Take photos of your happy patients. There is no better way to advertise than to show real photos of your success stories. Post before and after photos, or share pictures of laughing children with genuine smiles. The photos can be anything from a patient in the dental chair, to someone simply smiling with a staff member in the reception area. Be sure to get written permission to post patient photos to social media.
- Designate one staff member to be in charge of social media. We have found that social media activity tends to be forgotten, especially when no specific person is in charge of the practice’s social media presence. Remedy this by designating one staff member to take on social media. This person doesn’t have to be a marketing coordinator; assign the front office person or patient coordinator to take on the task of posting to social media profiles. Start by asking your staff if anyone wants to spearhead social media and go from there.
- Like and share. Social media promotion is about more than just posting to your page. It requires interacting with other pages, too. Be sure to like other posts on Facebook or share fun dental facts on LinkedIn. These interactions don’t have to be 100% dental oriented. Be sure that you are interacting with your following in a way that interests them and you’ll be good to go.
- Follow the 80/20 rule. To follow this rule, post health facts and tips, photos of happy patients, and informative dental articles 80% of the time, and promote your practice 20% of the time. For example, once every two weeks, post that you are accepting new patients, ask for referrals, or tell your following to call to inquire about your new treatment offering. Your other posts should be upbeat and informative, and published about three times a week.
Social media doesn’t have to be overwhelming. Do you need some inspiration? Check out Dr. Hall of Hall Family Dentistry’s Facebook page. He does a great job keeping his following engaged. Regularly posting on social media will keep your practice top of mind for patients, so their chances of forgetting to show up for an appointment are reduced. At the end of the day, promoting your practice on social media will attract new patients and increase revenue for you and the practice. If you find that you still need help managing your social media page and attracting new patients, call Big Buzz at 720.350.4484.