This is an excerpt from Big Buzz’s eBook Calls to Action that Work: The Senior Care Industry Insider Report, which contains all the guidance you will need to optimize your CTAs across the board. Get your free copy of the full eBook.
If we expect people to take action, we must clearly call them to action. Herein is the manifesto of The Clear Call to Action (CTA) Model for the senior care industry as shown by trends from our study of 100 website development and online marketing experts nationwide:
1. All CTA buttons shall start with an action word, or verb, like “Get,” “Download” or “Schedule” for optimum click-through rate.
2. Downloadable assets shall bear the CTA “Download now – it’s free.”
3. Content marketing signups shall bear the CTA “Subscribe.”
4. The contact CTA shall be “Schedule a tour now” or “Schedule a consultation now.”
5. Website calls to action shall appear “above the fold,” or before the visitor must scroll, for optimum click-through rate.
6. Website buttons shall be designed in a contrasting color to the content or web page for optimum click-through rate.
7. Supporting copy appearing above or near the website call-to-action button shall be written in no more than 3 sentences, each about 5 words long.
8. Text appearing inside the website call-to-action button shall be written in no more than 5 words.
9. Call-to-action buttons shall be larger than desktop call-to-action buttons on mobile devices for optimum click-through rate.
10. A testimonial quote shall be placed near the website call-to-action button to increase click-through rates.
11. Website call-to-action buttons shall be rounded, not square.
12. Calls to action shall follow the Z formation along which a website visitor’s eyes travel.
To ensure whole-team compliance, document a standard operating procedure based upon this manifesto, train your team, celebrate wins toward achieving the desired outcomes and keep your team accountable for ongoing updates and improvements.