by Wendy O’Donovan Phillips
This is an excerpt from Big Buzz’s eBook Calls to Action that Work: The Senior Care Industry Insider Report, which contains all the guidance you will need to optimize your CTAs across the board. Get your free copy of the full eBook.
If we expect people to take action, we must clearly call them to action. Herein is the manifesto of The Clear Call to Action (CTA) Model for the senior care industry as shown by trends from our study of 100 website development and online marketing experts nationwide:
- All CTA buttons shall start with an action word, or verb, like “Get,” “Download” or “Schedule” for optimum click-through rate.
- Downloadable assets shall bear the CTA “Download now – it’s free.”
- Content marketing signups shall bear the CTA “Subscribe.”
- The contact CTA shall be “Schedule a tour now” or “Schedule a consultation now.”
- Website calls to action shall appear “above the fold,” or before the visitor must scroll, for optimum click-through rate.
- Website buttons shall be designed in a contrasting color to the content or web page for optimum click-through rate.
- Supporting copy appearing above or near the website call-to-action button shall be written in no more than 3 sentences, each about 5 words long.
- Text appearing inside the website call-to-action button shall be written in no more than 5 words.
- Call-to-action buttons shall be larger than desktop call-to-action buttons on mobile devices for optimum click-through rate.
- A testimonial quote shall be placed near the website call-to-action button to increase click-through rates.
- Website call-to-action buttons shall be rounded, not square.
- Calls to action shall follow the Z formation along which a website visitor’s eyes travel.
To ensure whole-team compliance, document a standard operating procedure based upon this manifesto, train your team, celebrate wins toward achieving the desired outcomes and keep your team accountable for ongoing updates and improvements.
Want to learn more about how to put your CTAs to work for your business? Book a complimentary strategy session with a Big Buzz nurture marketing expert today that includes the following:
- Clarity on the root causes of current lead issues we face
- Research and industry intel that will help eradicate lead issues for good
- A clearer vision for reaching the organization’s desired future state this year, 3 years from now and 5 years from now
- A free initial nurture marketing plan to invite warm leads to move in now
Big Buzz is a marketing agency delivering a steady stream of move-in-ready leads to teams serving the senior living industry. For more than 15 years, Big Buzz has helped senior living marketing and sales teams nurture leads to increase occupancy, grow and scale. CEO Wendy O’Donovan Phillips is the author of the book Flourish!: The Method Used by Aging Services Organizations for the Ultimate Marketing Results, has been published in McKnight’s, has been a regular contributor to Forbes, and has been quoted in The Washington Post, ABC News and Chicago Tribune. The Big Buzz leadership team regularly lectures in front of audiences ranging from 25 to 3,000 attendees, including at Argentum and various LeadingAge chapters. Agency awards and accolades include recognition for excellence by the American Marketing Association, Gold Key Award Winner by the Business Marketing Association, HubSpot Academy Inbound Marketing Certification, and Top Advertising and Marketing Agency by Clutch.