by Wendy O’Donovan Phillips
A deep dive into our data shows why senior living executives believe content marketing is so important:
- 55% of your peers say content marketing positions the organization as the expert in a particular area of senior care.
- 50% say content marketing builds credibility with leads.
- 52% use content marketing to provide staff with the knowledge and inspiration they need to do their jobs well.
- 42% apply content marketing to help address complex industry-related questions or concerns a prospect may have.
- 38% believe content marketing positions the organization’s executives as thought leaders in senior living.
- 29% use content marketing to nurture leads to become intentional about having a conversation.
- 28% apply content marketing to amplify the organization’s brand.
- 12% see content marketing as valuable in boosting SEO with relevant search keywords.
Now, let’s have a look at what our survey trends show is going well for the senior living industry in content marketing.
In our study, 96% of respondents said their organization’s content marketing efforts successfully support them in nurturing leads to become ready to speak with their team. Content marketing positions the organization as the expert and specialist in a particular area of senior care even before the first conversation.
Further, 95% of respondents said marketing automation systems support their content marketing efforts. As staffing remains a challenge in senior living, marketing automation is paramount in increasing the efficacy of lean internal marketing teams.
Additionally, the research showed that 94% of executives in senior living back content marketing efforts with survey data, which is key to creating a constant drip of credible content. Here is a breakdown of survey data types used in the industry:
- 71% use customer satisfaction survey data. Compelling testimonial quotes often arise from these surveys and, with documented consent, can be used across social media and content marketing efforts.
- 66% apply voice-of-the-customer (VOC) survey data. This data is typically used for differentiation and brand amplification. In content marketing, VOC survey data is best applied to defining overarching topics or headlines for the editorial calendar.
- 54% use programmatic survey data. This AI-driven process is ideal for creating longer data-driven content pieces like this eBook or industry whitepapers. For example, you might survey seniors in your area residing in senior communities, then publish the results. After analyzing data trends, you might share insights on how intentional they were about moving in with a senior care provider, what their biggest obstacles to moving were, what pain points they faced in staying home and how senior care eventually made life better. No one can convince your prospects to move like their peers can.
Finally, 90% of respondents said their organization’s content marketing stands out in the marketplace as unique to competitors’, with 87% perceiving their content marketing efforts as above average and 86% believing their content marketing outcomes were above average.
Download the full eBook – it’s free!
Big Buzz is a marketing agency delivering a steady stream of move-in-ready leads to teams serving the senior living industry. For more than 15 years, Big Buzz has helped senior living marketing and sales teams nurture leads to increase occupancy, grow and scale. CEO Wendy O’Donovan Phillips is the author of the book Flourish!: The Method Used by Aging Services Organizations for the Ultimate Marketing Results, has been published in McKnight’s, has been a regular contributor to Forbes, and has been quoted in The Washington Post, ABC News and Chicago Tribune. The Big Buzz leadership team regularly lectures in front of audiences ranging from 25 to 3,000 attendees, including at Argentum and various LeadingAge chapters. Agency awards and accolades include recognition for excellence by the American Marketing Association, Gold Key Award Winner by the Business Marketing Association, HubSpot Academy Inbound Marketing Certification, and Top Advertising and Marketing Agency by Clutch.